- Lincoln, Nebraska
The Application Sales Engineer will review specifications, conduct preliminary design calculations, prepare cost estimate and prepare technical proposals for customers.
- Must possess thorough and relevant product knowledge.
- Position requires the constant and consistent exercise of intellect, judgment, and ability commensurate with professional positions in similar industries or situations.
- Position requires regular exercise of problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Company is required.
- Must have strong communication skills and a background in heat transfer or power plant design.
- Evaluate customer specifications.
- Select equipment and prepare technical proposals.
- Will have contact with customers, consultant engineers and company representatives regarding industrial boilers, heat recovery steam generators (HRSG’s) and related auxiliaries.
- Position may require extended periods of operating a personal computer as a normal part of job duties.
- Position required ability to work in a normal office environment and may require occasional/regular exposure to production plant environment with welding, machine and fabrication operations.
- Must have ability to routinely travel domestically and internationally (10% travel) – generally by air and utilization of rental cars, and ability to handle luggage and attaché cases, etc., normal business travel of varying length duration.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a passport.
- All other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills …
- Sales Engineering / proposal experience and comprehensive understanding of Thermodynamics
- Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer
- Be able to use Microsoft Office software
- Have strong communication and organizational skills preferred.