Must be willing to travel to EU
- Performs information systems administrative procedures and maintains documentation.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Desktop and Windows Server field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Requires a Technical Degree or equivalent experience and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
The information technology specialists will be interfacing closely with all of the employees of the company working on assignment with desktop, server, and software support issues (Windows Operating Systems (OS) and Windows Server 2008 and up). Also included will be printer support, user account creation and maintenance internal and external, conference room projectors, and phone system provisioning. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate both written and orally, manage his/her time efficiently, and be a self-starter. The individual will need to identify, research and resolve a variety of technical problems and is expected to perform their duties with a sense of urgency and be constantly mindful of improvement opportunities.
Mandatory Skills and Attributes:
- Technical degree or equivalent experience, and 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Windows Operating System and Windows Server Installation, Maintenance and Support Skills (Windows 7, Windows Server 2008R2, 2012)
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience in Server Virtualization Installation, Configuration and Administration (eg.VMWare)
- Installs and configures applications software (Eg., ERP, TMS, PLM) and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, Printers and other peripherals)
- Provides technical support to internal users in all departments utilizing help desk software
- Documents, tracks and monitors incidents and problems to ensure a timely and accurate resolution
- Experience with patch management and system updates
- Experience with hardware asset management. Tagging, Cataloging and Archiving.
- Experience with imaging, updates and patches of desktops and laptops
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of networking principles and fundamentals
- After-hours work when needed and on-call rotation
- Initiative, adaptive, and willing to learn
- Willing to travel overseas
- Network experience, including firewall and VPN
- DNS Administration
- Familiarity with backup software and systems
- Network switch configuration and management
- Experienced in enterprise level monitoring, maintenance, and administration
- Experience working with high-throughput, highly available, public Internet systems a plus