This position is primarily responsible for investigating and resolving software and hardware problems of computer users by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administer permissions and approval workflow for SharePoint based ticket system.
- Route and track requests for IT Services.
- Maintain and organize inventory, files and records.
- Manages administrative responsibilities with regard to IT procurement and inventory.
- Assist when needed with IT Operations day-to-day support or projects in lab and testing environment.
- Manage IT projects focused on maximizing and improving efficiency and effectiveness, as needed.
- Perform basic computer troubleshooting when needed.
- Handle incoming phone calls, send and receive faxes.
- Track and Manage meeting minutes and distribute as needed.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, HelpDesk and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Determines whether problem is caused by hardware such as printer, software, cables, or IP Phone.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Prepares standard statistical reports, such as HelpDesk incident reports.
- Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
- Consults with programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs.
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
- Writes software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
- Writes or revises user training manuals and procedures.
- Develops training materials such as exercises and visual displays.
- Trains users on software and hardware on-site or in classroom, or recommends outside contractors to provide training.
- Installs personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Directly supervises Sales Executives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Exchange, Powerpoint).
- Thorough understanding of computers and technology
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent with time management, multi-tasking, and prioritizing projects
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Work well in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to keep a sense of humor and positive disposition under stress.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and two of years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Wanted but not required
- A+ and/or Network+
Submit Resume For This Job