The Major Account Manager will be responsible for driving new license business with existing customers and new prospects. This position will be responsible for building and maintaining sales pipeline of 3x annual quota and update activity in contact management system (MS Dynamics); average 8 face-to-face sales calls weekly; add 5 new opportunities monthly to sales pipeline; move 1-2 pipeline opportunities to forecast each month; forecast accurately on a weekly basis and close business at or above quota on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Must conduct company business professionally at all times; produce and deliver activity reports to management on a timely basis; maintain accurate information on each active account within MS Dynamics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of software sales experience; 5+ years being field based
- 3 to 5+ years selling change and release management, IT Service Management or software configuration management software with proven results.
- Must have current contacts to immediately call on to introduce the company or the ability to use current contacts to gain access to the decision-maker for Enterprise Change & Release Management.
- Requires software sales experience to clients and prospects across multiple, disparate platforms including mainframe, Windows and Linux.
- Must have understanding of Change Management and Release Management in an large, enterprise-class environments.
- Track record of achieving/exceeding sales quota and market share goals within the commercial market.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial market procurement practices required.
- Ability to manage sales cycles and make executive level Company/Product (non technical) presentations.
- Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of value-based selling and the ability to create a return on investment proposal.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and follow through skills.
- Able to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative and team oriented environment.
- Self-motivated, disciplined and able to work independently out of a home office.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet.
POSITION: Major Account Manager – West Region
LOCATION: Home based in the SF Bay area, Portland, OR, Seattle, WA Metro area(s) with preference in the Bay Area
- Industry: IT – Software Development
- Employees: 501-1000 employees
- Founded: 1980
Description: Our client is the global leader in Application Lifecycle Management for the Enterprise. Based on 25 years of steady growth and innovation, they provides solutions that enable Global 2000 IT organizations to manage their projects, coordinate and integrate the software development lifecycle, and synchronize their processes on a global scale. More than 15,000 organizations around the world, including 96 of the Fortune 100, depend on our client’s company solutions. Maintaining industry leadership in this rapidly-changing market requires creativity, commitment, and an energized team. Our client consistently attract the best and brightest due to our open, dynamic corporate culture. The company encourage employee empowerment, promote individual growth and personal development, and support a creative, casual work environment. We demand a lot of our employees, so we recruit people who are willing to embrace multiple responsibilities with equal readiness. We look for people who can get things done efficiently and effectively – with the big picture in mind. Our client is an equal employment/ affirmative action employer – M/F/D/V-EOESubmit Resume For This Job