This position is for Tampa, Florida
Reporting to the VP of Sales Operations, the Managed Services Manager is responsible for the successful completion of all Managed Services projects. As the key contact with the customer, this position is responsible for weekly customer updates, project management reporting requirements and all phases of the project lifecycle.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and five to ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee implementation of all phases of Managed Services projects taking into account customer priorities, internal AKN resources, and supplier schedules to most effectively roll out the project.
- Successful completion of project deliverables defined by SOWs.
- Assigns and follows up on tasks, activities, and deliverables to project team.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Prepares and completes action plans; implements production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolves problems; completes audits; determines system improvements.
- Review projects regularly for adherence to project management methodologies, standards and guidelines and make recommendations as required.
- Issues project updates at specified intervals, identifying key achievements, current status, and next steps.
- Manages budget and project plan. Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Delivers meeting and status reports.
- Tracks and resolves all project-related issues, documents and responds to all scope-changing requests including benefits and impacts.
- Provides feedback and development points to project team.
- Build sound relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Mediates disputes and ensures team cohesiveness.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role with specific experience in project management deployment of 1 or more of the following: Systems and Storage, IP/Telephone, Networking, Security and/or consulting in these areas.
- Completion of PMP certification a plus.
- Strong business knowledge.
- Developing Budgets, Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Project Management, Management Proficiency, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Self-Development, Planning, and Performance Management.
- Information Technology background; experience with IT related projects and SOW, specializations in Network Hardware/Managed Services areas
- Experience managing complex, multi-site integration projects.
- Background in Cisco, Juniper, network hardware, Windows Desktop, and Network Server background is essential.