Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD)
Location: Gaithersburg MD
The objective of this project is to provide services for Information Technology products and materials to support a Government Customer in Gaithersburg MD. Communications infrastructure to include but not limited to support for all communication services: Network, Telephone, Security, Fire and Plant site monitoring.
- Coordination of Low Voltage Voice and Data Cabling Infrastructure design projects.
- Consultation with client to establish project parameters and requirements.
- Collaborate with clients’ team members, designers, subcontractors, vendors, and end user groups throughout project design, bid and installation phases
- Attend and or schedule project meetings, site surveys, walk-through
- Produce client proposals & scope of work, estimating labor and materials
- Identify and source hardware, software and other tools required for delivery of design services projects
- Continued education; obtain certifications / qualifications necessary to maintain professional industry standing.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- PMP Certification
- Experienced as a telecommunications systems designer and BICSI Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Must be collaborative and team spirited, able to work and interface with multiple organizations.
- Must have proven skills in design, consulting, bid administration, construction administration. Telecommunications and/or technology systems project management is a plus.
- Must have extensive knowledge of global, national and local standards as well as BICSI best practices and design methodologies, as well as other aspects of a telecommunications design including inside and outside plant design, backbone cabling, structured cabling systems, grounding & bonding, pathways and space, fire-stopping, technology systems, wireless, etc..
- Must be proficient in reading/interpreting construction project documents, including architectural, electrical, mechanical, and telecommunications schematics, drawings, specifications, timelines and other relevant project documents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to travel