Location: North American Headquarters, Eastern Region and Western Region
The ideal Sales Engineer candidate should have 5+ years of information security technical sales experience. Work experience with SIEM and/or security analytics security companies is a big plus because the learning curve here will be shorter. The Sales Engineer will support Sales with pre-sale activities, PoCs and sales related account management for new and existing customers.
The candidate will work in a close knit team with Sales, Customer Support and Product Management to successfully sell solutions. The role will include providing feedback and direction to Product Management for the evolution of the product based on customer input.
- The Sales Engineer will support the Sales team for pre-sale activities and sales related account management for new and existing customers.
- Pre-sales activities may include completing RFP responses, evaluating customer needs, planning product demonstrations, Proof of Concepts and evaluations.
- Post-sales engagement activities include account based feedback to Product Management to ensure that products are considered for purchase against competitive offers as well as for new applications.
- Working closely with the Director of Sales Engineering and the VP of Sales to define the technical selling process that works best to ensure technical selection by a high percentage of prospects we engage with.
- Working closely with Sales to ensure the combination of account management and technical selling positions as a leader in the emerging User Behavior Analytics market.
The ideal candidate must have significant experience in the Enterprise Security market. Practical experience with SIEM, Splunk and/or security analytics solutions is a big plus.
- 5+ years of customer facing experience in a Pre-sales or Technical Account Management position.
- Significant experience with Cyber Security solutions in the Enterprise market.
- Must demonstrate strong technical and customer facing skills.
- Experience leading Proof of Concepts.
- Ability to work with senior technical teams and personnel to overcome obstacles.
- Excellent problem solver and big-picture thinker with positive “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Knowledge of SIEM, Splunk and/or security analytics technologies is a big plus.
- Knowledge of enterprise networking and security.
- Hands-on technical experience customizing software solution to meet customer requirements and integrate with 3rd party solutions.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Background in security operations and tools –
- Familiar with SOC procedures, methodology and tools used
- Familiar with various SIEM products, e.g. Q1, Arcsight, Security Analytics, NitroSecurity, Splunk
- Familiar with user’s account repositories – Active Directory, LDAP, others
- Familiar with various authentication protocols – Kerberos, PKI, NTLM, SSH, VPN, Radius – advantage
- Being able to prepare technical pre-sale presentations and demonstrate the product capabilities
- Experience in data querying and manipulation using SQL, Splunk queries or BI tools
- Experience working in Linux environment and writing bash scripts – advantage
Experience programming in python, perl or java – advantageSubmit Resume For This Job