Position open for Tampa Florida
Sr. Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for products.
The Sr. Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical user(s), must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process and must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
The ideal candidate brings in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise with infrastructure solutions designed around one or more product offerings from Cisco, HP, Juniper, Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, Brocade, etc. The candidate must bring a deep end-to-end implementation skills with multiple components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand product requirements.
- Provides product or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Resolve clients’ questions or problems remotely in the areas of system configurations, product functionality and technical troubleshooting.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Analyze and respond to functional and technical elements of RFQs and SOWs.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team.
- Serve as primary support liaison between company and customer
- Involved in any additional follow up, testing and troubleshooting
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction which is measured on a regular basis
- Support marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- One or more Cisco, HP, Citrix, VMware pre-sales or engineering certifications.
- General knowledge of capabilities or direct experience with Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless Solutions including a solid understanding of the concepts of VLAN’s and VPN’s.
- Knowledge of Wide & Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in virtualization engineering and pre-sales, including designing and building complex virtualized infrastructures with Citrix or VMware.
- Implementation experience with multiple products and platforms; for example Nimble Storage, HP Blades, VMware Virtual Infrastructure and migrating customers from their current environment to the new solution.
- Ability to translate and communicate technical features and concepts into tangible customer business benefits.
- Experience with the creation of Statements of Work (SOW’s) with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Strong technical knowledge of capabilities or direct experience with Citrix Presentation Server/XenApp, Citrix XenServer, Citrix XenDesktop, VMware VSphere, VMware View and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Strong technical knowledge of current and emerging storage / SAN architectures (FC, iSCSI), with one or more manufactures including HP, XIO, or Equallogic.
- Advanced systems operations knowledge is preferred
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Must be self-motivated with a proven track record in hardware sales and knowledge of telecom and network technology.
- Must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, RFQ and when submitting reports.
- Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Software Requirements, Product Development, Presentation Skills, General Programming Skills, Technical Understanding, Verbal Communication, Requirements Analysis, Innovation
- This position is primarily responsible for selling corporate products to businesses and industrial establishments or individuals by performing the following duties.
- Must be prepared for customer travel and potential after hour projects.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Submit Resume For This Job